Sunday 20 February 2011

Dead or Alive.

I like viruses, I know I shouldn't as they are a classification that consists entirely of pathogens but I still like them.
There are 3 main parts to viruses, the genetic bit (made of DNA or RNA), a protein coat to hold it all together and some, more advanced viruses have a lipid envelope.
 Some viruses have quite simple shapes like helix's while some start to look more like living things.

My Favorite virus is this badboy:




His name is Enterobacteria phage T4 and he infects E.coli 

What else...

Oh yeah viruses have the most genetic diversity out of everything; plants, animals, archea etc but that's mainly because their DNA varies in shape so much as it's a large part of their overall structure.

Um...

I'm tired so i'm going to leave it there, i'll just do a really good blog next week.

2 comments:

  1. Viruses are weird, little "critters." Truly odd how they live. Nice blog. New Follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Viruses are very interesting ineed... new follower

    ReplyDelete